Application on-boarding refers to the steps/process of adding an application to OpenIAM such that the application can participate in the one or more of the following operations:
- Joiner, mover, and leaver (JML) processes
- Request/approval workflows.
- Audit and compliance activities.
Since each application may have its own integration options, it may not be possible to integrate all applications. As such applications can be segregated into two types:
- Automated applications - applications which can be integrated using connectors
- Manual applications - applications which cannot be integrated using connectors.
The sections below describe how you can on-board each of these types of applications.
Automated applications integrate with the target application using connectors which enable near real time updates of identity information resulting from JML processes. In addition to the automation, organizations also benefit for the audit logs resulting from these operations and help to improve security. To integrate applications using connectors, follow the steps described below:
|Deploy and register the connector||Register via RPM|
|Register via Docker|
|Connecting to your application||Overview - Connector specific|
|Import existing users and entitlements||Overview - Connector specific|
|Import existing entitlements||Overview - Connector specific|
|Configure provisioning||Overview - Connector specific|
|Configure reconciliation||Overview - Connector specific|
Unlike automated applications, where a connector enables near real time integration with the business application to support JML processes, the integration with manual applications is limited to importing data that has been exported from the application. The primary benefits of this level of integration are to be able to:
- Have a complete few of a user's access across applications
- Support governance activities such as access certifications
- Support request/approval workflows
The sections below describe how to onboard applications which lack connectors.
- Register application in OpenIAM
- Load application entitlements
- Load existing users and their entitlements