When an end-user requests an entitlement from the
Create Request catalog, that request needs to be accepted by a designated approver of that entitlement before it can go into effect. The approver also has the option to reject the request, or delegate it to another approver.
The approver is designated via
Approver Associations for the corresponding entitlement. This section describes how approvers can respond to these requests.
- After logging into the Self-Service Portal, the approver can see if there are entitlement requests awaiting a response based on numerals affixed to the
My Approvalsicon, or on the e-mail icon in the upper right as shown by the screenshot below:
If configured, the approver may also get an e-mail to his/her inbox when the request has been created where they may accept, reject, or view more details about the request.
- After clicking on
My Approvalsor the e-mail icon, the approver will be shown the
My Approvalsscreen where they will see the list of requests awaiting action as the screenshot below illustates:
From this screen the user can view all the requests related to the entitlements that he/she is designated the approver of. The details shown in this list include:
- The request ID
- The name of the requester. This may be a user making a request on someone else's behalf.
- Whom the request is for
- The date of the request
- A description of the entitlement
Actions column, the approver can:
- View the request for more details (eye icon)
- Approve the request (check mark)
- Reject the request ('X' icon)
Approvers can also select multiple requests from the list to be accepted, rejected or delegated to another approver en masse.
- Choosing to view details of the request will lead you to the screen show below:
This screen provides four panels of information:
- Requester information: fields related to the identity of the requestor of the entitlement. Also included is the
Statusof the request and
Reason for request.
- Questionnaire: entitlements may or may not require the requester to answer questions specific to that entitlement.
- Request Access: the entitlements being requested.
Revoke Accesswill remove the entitlement from the user.
- Approvers: the approvers associated with the entitlement.
The buttons on the bottom of the screen provide the following functionality when clicked:
CommentsThe approver can add comments related to the request.
AcceptAccept the request so that the user can be provisioned into the entitlement.
RejectReject the request.
DelegateThe approver can delegate the request to another user from the drop down menu for their approval.
Return to listTakes you back to the