Password Based Auth
This section describes how to configure authentication based on UserID + password against the OpenIAM database.
To configure authentication using a UserId + password, follow the steps described below
- Define an authentication policy
- Create an Authentication provider
- Associate Authentication provider to a content provider
Create an Authentication Provider
To create a new authentication provider follow the steps below.
- Login to the Webconsole
- Go to Access Control -> Authentication providers -> Create new provider
- From the dropdown shown in the image below, select
By selecting Authentication Policy, it tell the OpenIAM Authentication framework what type of authentication we are configuring. In subsequent sections you will see how this value is used to configure federation, social login, etc.
Next, you will see the form below which enables the configuration of the authentication provider. Complete this form using the table below. Save the changes when you are done.
|Provider Name||Descriptive name to identify this provider.|
|Link to Managed System||Selecting the managed system determines the user store which should be used. Select |
|Login Provider that will be used when logging in a user||The login provider determines how it will interact with the user store. In this case select |
|Authentication policy||From the drop down, select the authentication policy that you defined earlier.|
Link Authentication provider to a content provider
After creating the Authentication provider, the next step is to associate it with a content provider. Follow the steps described below.
- Go to Access Control -> Content providers
- Select the Content Provider that you want to update. There is only one, select the Default content provider
- Select the authentication provider that you created earlier from the
Authentication providerdropdown as shown in the example below.
- Save the configuration after making changes